Minutes Accepted and filed with the Town Clerk on 8/4/2009 by a vote _5-0____
7:00 p.m. – July 21, 2009
Sutton Town Hall, Selectmen’s Meeting Room
Members in Attendance:
John Hebert, Chairman; Richard Hersom, Vice-Chairman; Kevin Geraghty Clerk; Members Michael Chizy and Ryan Fattman
Also in Attendance: James Smith, Town Administrator; Debbie Jacques, Administrative Secretary
Chairman Hebert calls the meeting to order at 7:00 followed by the Pledge of Allegiance.
No comments under Public Forum.
Selectman Fattman motions to approve July 7, 2009 minutes as presented, Selectman Geraghty requests under his Round Table comments to replace the word “the” with “to”. Debbie notes the change. Selectman Fattman motions to approve, Selectman Hersom seconds all in favor passes 5-0.
Selectman Fattman motions to approve but not release the July 7th 2009 Executive Session minutes, Selectman Chizy seconds, all in favor passes 5-0.
Certificates of Recognition to Eagle Scout read by Selectman Geraghty along with a description of their completed projects for:
- Joshua Thomas King
- Brian Grant Wood
Selectman Geraghty motions to appoint Barbara Bessette (not present) to the Sutton Sewer Commission for a 3 year term, Selectman Hersom seconds all in favor passes 5-0
Selectman Geraghty motions to appoint Jennifer Bohanan to the Sutton Recreation Commission for a 3 year term, Selectman Hersom seconds all in favor passes 5-0 (Jennifer is present and the BOS offer thanks for putting fourth the time and effort.)
General Assent for 112 Providence Rd (Rano & Dileo):
Dave Lavallee from Andrews Survey and Engineering is present to discuss. This goes back to 1922 and a description of the proposed layout of Providence Road and related land takings. A survey by Andrews Survey for Paul Dileo was the first survey since the Land Court Registration which showed the overlap of property. The road way will stay as is but it will acknowledge on record the overlap. Selectman Chizy motions that the BOS recognize and assent to the highway taking by the County Commissioners of the County of Worcester dated September 12, 1922 and recorded with Worcester District Registry of deeds in book 2279 page 487 for Providence (Road) Street, Selectman Fattman seconds all in favor passes 5-0.
Town Administrator Update:
- Early Learning Center Roof- progressing at a very rapid pace, no complaints.
- Manchaug Library- 1 proposal received for a 3 year lease from Puckihuddle Preschool. A lease will be executed with in the next few weeks.
- Manchaug Pond- The town submitted written comments on 7/14 to the State Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs opposing the breaching of the dam.
- West Sutton Water District- hearing held on 7/14 at the State House regarding the towns home rule petition allowing Aquarion to provide water to West Sutton. Senor Moore was very helpful in testifying on behalf of the town.
- MSBA meeting- TA Smith, Wendy Mead and Dr. DiBella met with MSBA to discuss the OPM selection of SBS. The meeting went well.
- Boiler Replacement- IFB will be available 7/29 with a bid opening of 8/13.
- BOS Annual Goals & Objectives- to be held on Wed. evening 6-8:30 at Blackstone National.
- Request by TA Smith to carry over unused vacation time. Selectman Hersom motions to allow TA Smith to carry over his unused vacation time, Selectman Fattman seconds all in favor 5-0.
- Selectman Fattman announces Sept 12th 9 hole Charity Golf fundraiser for Basket Ball Coach Steve Romasco
- Selectman Chizy asks residents to go on the Town web site and see the list of items needed for the Food Pantry.
Tri-Centennial Park is almost complete; it did suffer some damage from the hail storm in June.
Selectman Fattman motions to adjourn the meeting, Selectman Hersom seconds the motion all in favor 5-0
Meeting adjourned 7:35 p.m.