Town Of Sutton
Board Of Selectman
Minutes Accepted and filed with the Town Clerk on January 26, 2010 by a vote _3-0-1
Selectman Hersom abstains as he was not present on 1/5/10
7:00 p.m. – January 05, 2010
Sutton Town Hall, Selectmen’s Meeting Room
Members in Attendance:
John Hebert, Chairman; Kevin Geraghty, Clerk; Members Michael Chizy and Ryan Fattman
Also in Attendance: James Smith, Town Administrator; Debbie Jacques, Administrative Secretary
Chairman Hebert calls the meeting to order at 7:00 followed by the Pledge of Allegiance.
No comments under Public Forum
Selectman Geraghty motions to approve December 15, 2009 minutes as presented, Selectman Fattman seconds passes 4-0
Special State Election Warrant January 19, 2010: TA Smith informs the Board that this special election is to fill the Senate seat left vacant by the passing of Senator Kennedy. Selectman Fattman motions to accept the warrant as presented, Selectman Geraghty seconds passes 4-0
Town Administrator Update:
- 2 Appointments: Caleb Polseno to special police officer and David Charpentier as Cemetery laborer. Selectman Ratifies the appointment of Caleb Polseno to Special Police Officer, Selectman Fattman seconds passes 4-0
- Gov. Patrick & Congressman Neal recently visited the Sutton COA to announce a repaving project for route 146 just under 10 million dollars paid for through stimulus funding.
- Shaw Plan: proposal received from Gates Leighton, currently reviewing
- MORE Grant: the State expanded the scope of the acceleration/deceleration lane for Atlas Box on route 146 North from Central Tpk. to just short of Boston Road. The State has increased funding for a total of $880,000.00. The bidding process will begin shortly for the road and water main work.
Selectman Geraghty asks how the town has been so successful in obtaining the MORE grant. TA Smith states that Town Planner Jen Hager began it as an infrastructure project and the State liked the fact that it is a manufacturing site, an economic engine. He goes on to say the State has been very great throughout this project.
- Conflict of Interest Law: per changes to the law, all town employees and boards must acknowledge the summary has been received. A test on line must be taking prior to April 2010.
Selectman Chizy announces a free H1N1 clinic to be held at the Sutton Middle School on January 9th from 9-1
Selectman Geraghty informed the Board that the Superintendents Screening Committee which he was appointed to by this board will be meeting this weekend to review resumes and put forward those that meet the needs of the town. Once narrowed down, 3-5 names will be forwarded to the School Committee.
Selectman Geraghty motions to enter into Executive Session under MGL Chapter 39, § 23B, #3 To discuss strategy with respect to collective bargaining or litigation with the sole purpose of re entering the public meeting for sole purpose of adjourning, Selectman Fattman seconds passes 4-0
Meeting Adjourned 8:00 pm